Canale Communications (CanaleComm) is an integrated communications and digital design firm specializing in biotech, digital health, genomics and pharma. We work shoulder to shoulder with innovators and entrepreneurs who are creating the future of medicine, helping them communicate their stories for physicians, patients, pharma partners, employees and investors. We are seeking an amazing full-time director to join our rapidly growing team and work with several exciting clients. CanaleComm is a specialty agency within Ashfield Healthcare Communications, one of the world’s largest networks of award–winning healthcare communications agencies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The director will develop and execute strategic communication programs with support from multi-disciplinary teams versed in media relations, corporate communications, patient advocacy, investor relations, content development, and digital and visual communications.
This position requires a passion for working in an innovative industry that is committed to developing new medicines or solutions that can help or perhaps cure people battling health conditions and devastating diseases. The best candidate has a knack for growing relationships with clients and key audiences in the biotech industry. They will participate in strategy and planning sessions with senior management, shape the stories shared with priority audiences, and identify the channels to distribute the stories through the multitude of press, social media or digital resources available to them. Account directors serve as mentors and leaders to team members, and help build high-powered, results-oriented account teams. Directors are exposed to the many facets of the biotech and life science ecosystem, and have the opportunity to flex their creative problem-solving skills in the strategic communications process.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience in the biotech industry or in a communications-related position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Passion, talent and enthusiasm for oral and written language and communications.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions.
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality of corporate information.
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
The ideal applicant will:
- Revel in anticipating clients’ needs and creatively solve problems.
- Be a self-starter, with initiative and an eagerness to learn, think critically and creatively, and stretch their skills.
- Be a voracious consumer of news in order to track industry trends relevant to clients and life sciences industry.
- Be comfortable communicating with diverse groups of people, including executives, entrepreneurs, investors and journalists.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Canale Communications
Canale Communications is a strategic communications and creative firm exclusively serving the life science and healthcare industries, with a focus on emerging companies. Based in San Diego, one of the largest biotech epicenters in the world, the company has worked with more than 300 biotech, health tech, genomic and pharmaceutical companies at virtually every stage of development. The firm specializes in corporate communications, public relations, investor communications, website development, creative services, content creation and distribution, and social media. Canale Communications primarily serves clients headquartered in the biotech hubs of Southern California and the San Francisco Bay Area, and also extends to other life science markets that are home to some of the hottest new biotech and digital health companies worldwide. CanaleComm is a specialty agency within Ashfield Healthcare Communications, one of the world’s largest networks of award–winning healthcare communications agencies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Visit CanaleComm.com to learn more.